The hospital had its humble beginnings in June 1945 as a small, sixteen-bed facility in rented premises. Then known as the 'Ismalia General Hospital', it was managed by a devoted group of volunteer working with the objective of providing free medical care to members of the Ismalia community. Over the years, the hospital grew in size until it inevitably had to shift to larger premises. This became possible in 1955, with the generous donation of the Aga Hall Estate, by His Royal Highness Prince Aly Khan, after whom the hospital is named. In 1958, the services of the hospital were opened to all sections of the public. In 1976, professional management was brought in. Over the following years, the hospital expanded its services and increased its bed strength and services in response to the growing demand for specialised health care. Today, having served the community for over sixty years, Prince Aly Khan Hospital has 201 in-patient beds, a four room operation theatre complex, an intensive care unit, an intensive cardiac care unit, a neonatal ICU, a renal dialysis unit and state-of -the -art facilities in every department. In the charitable outpatient clinics, specialists offer services free of cost. Nearly 35,000 patients are seen in these clinics annually while another 90,000 patients attend the consultation clinics, taking the number of out-patient visits to more than 125,000 per year. With its modern ambience, comfortable patient accommodation and emphasis on quality and safety, the hospital earned the coveted ISO certification. The hospital has been going from strength-to-strength, keeping abreast with the latest in healthcare facilities and technologies. Backed by a highly competent and respected team of doctors and healthcare professionals, Prince Aly Khan Hospital has chalked out a very aggressive growth path to achieve its mission and vision laid down over six decades ago.